Governor Brownback, God just spoke to me. God and I just had a little one-on-one regarding your pro-life speech you gave in Arlington, VA. For the readers here is a little taste of that speech:
Brownback said during a speech at the National Right to Life convention in Arlington, Va., the United States would place into law sentiment held by a majority of Americans that elective abortion should be illegal. This belief is reinforced, the governor said, by an understanding God would unequivocally stand for life.
This just in Governor. God doesn’t agree. See, he told me so. You don’t have an exclusive to God. I have conversations with God as well and he told me you are mistaken. God wants me to remind you of a few things:
- God never mentions abortion in the Bible.
- God is pro-choice.
- The highest court in the United States ruled that abortion was legal. You need to honor that and not make it your personal quest to over turn it just because you think that’s the way it should be.
- God is the supreme judge of people not you.
- You need to stop your ego trip in defining God’s intentions.
- In the Bible, God defines life as the time when he blew in the nostrils and the baby starts breathing. It is in Genesis 2:7 to be exact: Then the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground. He breathed the breath of life into the man’s nostrils, and the man became a living person. This is NOT at the time of conception.
If anyone is wondering why America is so polarized politically look no further than politicians speaking on behalf of God. A person’s relationship with God and interpreting the Bible is a personal experience. Who says one person’s interpretation of what God intended is more right then the next person’s especially when it isn’t spelled out in the Bible? This is more than I’m right and you are wrong. It is I’m right and I go to heaven and you are wrong and you go to hell. Why is Governor Brownback’s conversations with God any more relevant than my conversations with God? My God is pro-choice and pro-woman. Why shouldn’t that take precedence over his interpretation? Who gets to be more right? It is not like God will phone in his vote like it is Dancing with the Stars. Or maybe he will. Did God just vote for Bristol Palin? He said she is sure shaking what he gave her.
If there was one thing the Founding Father’s were crystal clear on it was Separation of Church and State. The Republican Party shoves the intentions of the Founding Father’s down our throats when it comes to the 2nd amendment. Governor Brownback, listen to your party. Federal law trumps state law. Respect the system the Founding Fathers set up. Stop wasting Kansas money on laws that will always be challenged in court costing Kansans thousands in taxpayer money. Go to church. Pray that there is an end in abortion. I encourage you to do that. Try to convince people through your church not to have abortions. I think there is room in this country for pro-life and pro-choice. If this is your personal quest, honor it in your own time in a peaceful, non-violent way. Just keep it out of government.
God told me these were his wishes. I pray to the same God you do. I claim my interpretation is right…so there.