My hometown, Kansas City, is part of the final eight cities in a bid to host the next Republican Convention. I feel good about my city winning the bid. Kansas City is an amazing place filled with great restaurants, nightlife and excellent people. I realize that the convention will bring with it “Up to 40,000 visitors, millions of dollars in economic activity and the national spotlight when Republicans gather to formally nominate a presidential candidate.” http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2014/02/27/rnc-names-eight-finalists-for-2016-convention/
As a Democrat, the idea of 40,000 “visitors” a.k.a. Republicans taking over my town doesn’t have me jumping up and down with joy, however, even I understand the economic benefits that would come with winning a convention of this size.
Never willing to pass up a good opportunity, I am currently writing a Craigslist ad to lease my apartment out to a RNC visitor needing a place to stay.
Republican Bungalow You Won’t Want to Miss
2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment located in the heart of Republican country. You will feel right at home in this updated apartment featuring:
- Down pillows on the bed to rest your head after a long-hard day of thinking about the War on Christianity.
- A large television pre-programmed to record every Duck Dynasty.
- Large closets to hold all of your Brooks Brother suits.
- A refrigerator filled with Kansas City beef to help satisfy that trickle down appetite.
- Close to expensive boutiques and country clubs that cater to the 1%.
- A variety of Dr. Seuss books to prepare for the next Government shut down.
- A Bible
- A comfortable couch where you can sit down and rest after figuring out how to cut benefits for millions of underserved Americans.
Prior to your arrival I will:
- Remove all copies of Mother Jones and Vanity Fair
- Throw out all remaining containers of couscous and hummus
- Update my music collection to include artists other than the Indigo Girls
- Put my Obama/Biden sign out of sight
- Replace my Hemp lotion with an Axe Body Spray
- Hide all t-shirts saying “my body, my choice”
Seeing is believing so don’t let this opportunity pass you by!
For up-to-date news on the latest for Kansas City’s bid for the convention click here: http://www.kansascity.com/2014/03/03/4861763/kansas-city-2016-presentation.html