The Kansas Legislature took a much needed break a few weeks ago. Things in Kansas seemed calm, peaceful and eerily sane for the first time in many months. Yesterday, everyone came back. Gentlemen start your engines. Krazy in Kansas is back in session!
Here are the top 10 signs you know the Kansas legislature is back in session.
10. Forget a new purse or nice belt, everyone grabs their favorite accessory – a holster and gun before starting their day.
9. There is a daily story in the Huffington Post and New York Times declaring, “What’s wrong with Kansas”.
8. The twitter feed #KSleg rivals the drama of Andy Cohen’s posts during a Real Housewives Reunion special.
7. If something goes wrong, it must be Obamacare’s fault.
6. Don’t agree with a federal law? No problem – just nullify it.
5. Another beautiful day, another opportunity to under fund our public schools.
4. Parents get more notifications of classes that their children must “opt in” for – sex ed, science.
3. The new Kansas slogan is created: Welcome to Kansas! Proudly the only state where we undervalue our teachers!
2. It’s only May, but it’s never too early to start drafting the next “Merry Christmas” bill.
1. You make your next sonogram appointment with your favorite OBGYN, Dr. Mary Pilcher-Cook.